Scrub Talk

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by lawncare3, Apr 30, 2005.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I really think there needs to be a special forum on the site that pertains to "scrubs" All this childish talk is getting really annoying. The last time I put "scrub" in the search feature I cam up with over 57 pages. Is there a way that the word could be put in the block list of words not to be used? Thanks Chris. :rolleyes: :realmad: :dizzy:

2. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Make it the "key word". When used, the post is directed to a certain section of the forum. People who want to write about, or research it, can go to that section. They can "fight about it" over there, until they are blue in the face. Leave the rest of the forum alone, we who don't really care about the subject.

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I could easily block out the word "scrub"...but we all sure enough a new word would be invented to describe certain people in the industry. Unfortunately the word is throw around arbitrarily on this site...starting out does not mean "scrub". Also, as redundant as it can be sometimes, it is definitely a part of the industry that needs discussed and dealt with...inferior equipment, trucks, trailers do not define scrubs. No insurance, not paying taxes, improper or lack of licensing, illegal employees, purposely underbidding, etc... these are the things that should be discussed when people use the word "scrub".