"Scrub" was under bid!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jlewis, Mar 25, 2003.

1. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I also don't work for relatives or my neighbors. Got into an awkward situation about 5 years ago and learned my lesson. I have a feeling you may get the work back when the new "pro" realizes he is losing money on the job.

2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I mowed my brother's lawn a few times and aerated it for free. That ended when the little weasel refused to watch my elderly dog for a week while I went on vacation. The kicker is...it was HIS dog and I took care of him because he was buying a new home and didn't have a fence. The dog never left, which was fine with me. But my folks bought him a fence as a gift (he has kids) and my brother said the dog would mess his lawn up.

Never again.
  3. dedgrass

dedgrass LawnSite Member

Years ago, a sweet old lady said to me-' thank God for your friends... and the Devil for your kin!!!'
    Makes a lot of sense sometimes!
    ded:blob3: :blob4: :blob1:
  4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I mow sister,aunts,uncle, cousins, brothers,friends,etc., etc.(of course, Im exaggerating) LOL, for full price! Only parents lawn is maintained for free,they helped me get started in this biz. Business is business! I would waste a whole day mowing them for free.
  5. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

No Family, Or Fiends Etc.
    I'm with most of you all. Also, Gives a chance to see what the competition is charging.:D
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

That's nothing. My older sister sued me once about 10 years ago. Sheriff showed up, whole 9 yards. No, I won't get into the details...LOL