1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

"Scrub" was under bid!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jlewis, Mar 25, 2003.

1. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I also don't work for relatives or my neighbors. Got into an awkward situation about 5 years ago and learned my lesson. I have a feeling you may get the work back when the new "pro" realizes he is losing money on the job.

Mike

2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I mowed my brother's lawn a few times and aerated it for free. That ended when the little weasel refused to watch my elderly dog for a week while I went on vacation. The kicker is...it was HIS dog and I took care of him because he was buying a new home and didn't have a fence. The dog never left, which was fine with me. But my folks bought him a fence as a gift (he has kids) and my brother said the dog would mess his lawn up.

Never again.

3. dedgrass

dedgrass LawnSite Member

Years ago, a sweet old lady said to me-' thank God for your friends... and the Devil for your kin!!!'
    Makes a lot of sense sometimes!
    ded:blob3: :blob4: :blob1:

4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I mow sister,aunts,uncle, cousins, brothers,friends,etc., etc.(of course, Im exaggerating) LOL, for full price! Only parents lawn is maintained for free,they helped me get started in this biz. Business is business! I would waste a whole day mowing them for free.

5. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

No Family, Or Fiends Etc.
    I'm with most of you all. Also, Gives a chance to see what the competition is charging.:D

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

That's nothing. My older sister sued me once about 10 years ago. Sheriff showed up, whole 9 yards. No, I won't get into the details...LOL