Lawn Care Forum banner

Scrub weedeating garbage at airport...

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  captken 
#1 ·
Unbelievable...at a traffic light at MEM. Wind really blew the litter around...I honked at him, he would not look up....wonder why?

Car Automotive parking light Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
Maybe they aren't PAYING HIM to PICK UP the trash!

I have an apartment complex. Our deal is THEY PICK UP TRASH on the scheduled morning before 9am. We are there at 9am to mow. THEY AREN'T PAYING ME TO PICK UP TRASH! So I don't.

Now I understand that your photo LOOKS ********. However, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it is the LCO's fault. He should either tell them to PAY HIM extra to pick up the trash OR he walks. (Or he could just keep on cutting it and figure THEY ARE GETTING WHAT THEY PAID FOR, A CRAPPY LOOKING PROPERTY!)

MIKE

#6 ·
you can't see it from that camera angle...he had a push mower inside...the extension cord and his blower are what first caught my attention...but snapped photo on the fly...definately not an lco...

yes those are the gasoline and diesel prices as of last Thursday...cigs prices are correct...marlboro reds 2 for 5.26...tax included...

I use to shop in Mariner's Harbor, Richmond Terrace, SI, NY when I was doing the tug and barge thing and am well aware of the cost of living there....wow!

#7 ·
Originally posted by captken

I use to shop in Mariner's Harbor, Richmond Terrace, SI, NY when I was doing the tug and barge thing and am well aware of the cost of living there....
i first crappy apartment was in mariners harbor, not the safest place, although little mexico is only a few blocks away, so you have a vitual pick of the litter for the highest quality workers on earth..... (IMPACT, cue the mexican smileys!)

#8 ·
spice of live there...worked for Rienauer Transportation...didn't go out much at night when the boat was there...liked the Staten Island mall there...cloths, electronics, and food seem cheaper there than here...got a Wallyworld yet?

#9 ·
Originally posted by captken
spice of live there...worked for Rienauer Transportation...didn't go out much at night when the boat was there...liked the Staten Island mall there...cloths, electronics, and food seem cheaper there than here...got a Wallyworld yet?
Wally world? No..... but we've got condo world. and Pot hole world. Traffic jam world, and they're debating reopoening garbage dump world, can't wait!:D (as much as I make fun of this place, when i go on vacation and everything closes at 7:30, i miss home)

#11 ·
Leave the guy alone, he's just out there trying to earn money. Atleast he's out there working his a$$ off unlike the thousands of people that are on welfare. You all should be more concerned with the goverment spitting out welfare checks and crap like that than lowballers taking accounts from you.

#12 ·
yeah, thats the one....the fleet is kept in Red Hook, Brooklyn NY. I worked in The Harbor since the mid 80's miss it but love mowing grass better...I don't miss Jersey City though....at all!

#13 ·
Mr."eagle scout"
First of all...I am definately not worried about this guy taking accounts from me.
Second....the post was a humorus take on shoddy work....
Third....in the underbelly of town he was in...it is most probable that he IS on welfare and working for cash too boot....
That neighborhood is drug infested....

#15 ·
Hey, give the guy a break, he's not done yet. He'll likely blow the trash out in the street, making the jobsite pretty, and the traffic will blow the trash away(I saw a guy doing that the other day).
Crawdad

#16 ·
Is he a LOC or does he work for the gas station? A lot of gas stations are owned by a family and everybody works it. Most of those look just like that one and they don't care. Does this guy also cut the local Holiday Inn/ Motel 6? Maybe same family ownes both.

#19 ·
Originally posted by fga
i first crappy apartment was in mariners harbor, not the safest place, although little mexico is only a few blocks away, so you have a vitual pick of the litter for the highest quality workers on earth..... (IMPACT, cue the mexican smileys!)

#20 ·
I've picked up litter at properties before only to have it look worse by the time I left than it did when I arrived. That's what happens on a windy day wen the city hasn't made it around to pick up trash at the bus-stop yet. :blob2:

However, altough it makes me look bad, I keep it because that only happnes once in a while.

#22 ·
diagonal from the corner he was working...Shelby Dr/airways intersection, Zulu village. Southwest corner of the worlds largest cargo airport, the Federal Express hub, when they are on the ground, you can see more than 50 DC-10s in addition to their smaller jet and turbo prop planes, lined up in neat rows...aw-sum site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.