Scrub?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 44toy, Nov 26, 2003.

?

Am I a scrub?

1. yes

40 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. no

25 vote(s)
    38.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

All this talk about scrubs got wondering if I might not be a scrub?
    1. I use a 52' hydro as my only mower.
    2. maruyama trimmer, homelite blower, poulane? trim saw, international b275 (60 model?) for tractor work.
    3. no name on truck
    4. no insurance of anykind, one man operation.
    5. no less than $40.00 an hour for anyone
    6. work one day a week, about $400.00 a week.
    7. my bills total about $75-$125.00 a week. (house is payed for)
    8. been using hydro for about 6 years.
    9. only want about $60.00 a week worth of work to make me happy.
    10. customers are happy, had some for ten years. Am I a scrub

P.s the murry and stuff is a joke for the people who like to list there equipment

2. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Do you pay any taxes?

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Your a prt timer, not a "scrub" Your taxes would be nothing if you paid them. One thing though, protecting the house is the main reason for inssurance, no one will sue for on old truck and a few broken down mowers(thats what most people see when they look at any lawn person), and with the house paid for, it would be a concern for me. Peice of mind is why I would have insurance.

4. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

#6 and #9 are in conflict with each other.
    Why would you do $400 worth of work, if all you want to be "happy" is $60 a week? You could that much before noon on your one day of work.

You have no insurance, and you didn't mention, but it doesn't sound like you have a biz license.

What you sound like (as a business) is a hobbyist. Yes, I guess you sound like a scrub.

No attack meant, you did ask.;)

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Since you have chosen to deceive everybody on these forums with your "joke" signature line there is no way for us to tell whether or not anything you say is true. That, in and of itself, makes you a scrub.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Scrub!

6. Southpaw

Southpaw LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

All other numbered descriptions aside, # 4 makes you a scrub

#4 No Insurance of Any Kind

So in other words, you have no insurance on your vehicle? That is illegal in NC and you are to turn in your license plate to the DMV and stop driving. If what you are saying is true and you wear this fact like some kind of battleflag, I can tell you that YOU help my premiums rise due to NC law to require Uninsured/ Underinsured surcharges on my policy. In other words, if you wreck into me without insurance, at least I am covered, but I can promise you I will drag your butt into civil court.

No Comprehensive General Liability Policy? And you actually go out to another person's property with equipment that can kill a person? Murphy's law is always around the corner you know. I hope you never have an incident where you break an expensive window, cut a major line, damage a vehicle or God forbid, injur or kill someone whether intentional or not. I certainly hope you are not spraying dangerous or outlawed chemicals anywhere.

I hope this is a joke thread. If it is not, I cannot believe you had the nerve to even ask our opinion. I have found that many if not most of the fine members here work very hard to get to their legitimate status in this industry.

I've often struggled for a true definition of a "scrub". But if you are serious, then you really knew the answer to your own question before you ever even posted this insulting thread. Take a look in the mirror, 44toy.

7. I don't think you're a scrub. I think you're a Troll!

This thread is a pretty apparent fabrication. You use coherent sentences with punctuation, even list them 1-10 yet use no capital letters on the beginning of the sentences. You misspell Poulan, yet question it with a ? And who in the world could misspell PS: ??? You're trying too hard.

I can't get your profile to come up or I'd pick that apart too.

And as for the context of the thread! Well I dunno, I didn't really read it. :eek:

Dave

8. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh: :D :laugh: :D

LMAO...

I must say... I did participate in the vote though. :laugh: :D :laugh: :D

Craig

9. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

I had a few to many in me when I wrote the thread. I do have liability and tags on truck and trailers. What I was trying to say was I only wanted $60.00 more work to have a perfect income. My mowing and some work I do in my garage pays the bills good enough, The only income I report is the checks.
    I guess my litttle joke equipment list at the bottom was a bad joke, maybe I guess maybe I should change it to read I have alot of stuff I dont? If you think i'm lying about my stuff thats fine, unless you came by and looked at it "which still doesnt mean it is really mine" all I could do is post pictures "that still doesn't prove anything. Oh yea I do have the receipt for the bunton and maruyama.
    I'm sorry for offending people and it would be fine to delete this thread.

10. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone looking for brownie points with the IRS. Heard to expect 1 in 74 to be audited this year! That's a lot of auditing.

toy, guess banging on the keyboard is better than being behind a wheel in 'that' condition, how 'bout doing it without turning the computer on.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.