Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Jan 22, 2005.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know what your definition of a scrub is, but from the looks of it, this "competitor" of mine (a local LCO) comes pretty close to my definition of one.

2. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

LMAO! yeap thats a scrub. Boo brown's lawn cuttin at yo service lmao
  3. Mclaughld

Mclaughld LawnSite Member

Or misunderstood artist?

Modern artist, that is. :D
  4. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

That guy stole my idea.... Dag Gummet!!
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Holy cow that's scrubby looking!
  6. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

wow thats the nicest rig ive scene my whole no one on here competes
  7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Jim, where did you find him? On NE Portland, or Tigard or somewhere around Beaverton? or may be Lake Oswego neighborhood...or East side of Portland?
    I was once in NE Portland above Rose Garden Arena, very tough hood to say indeed, to visit my distant relatives. I heard gunshots in daytime!
    Beaverton and Lake Oswego are the nicest to live in I think, lots of landscaping job to do as Nike is in Beaverton.
  8. JimLewis

That picture was taken (while I was driving) right in the middle of Tigard. Tigard is a nice place, to be sure. But we still have some scrubs. I started out as one too. Only my setup looked probably worse than that one.

Yah, Beaverton and Lake O. are great places to live. Tigard is equally as nice, though. NE Portland? Ouch! Yah, that's somewhere we never go. Stay outta that area.
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

True...I would define this guy as a scrub in my book also. Do you really think the clients care though? I don't have any studies that back my thoughts, but I really think the client has two major concerns....thats price and quality. With appearance being down low on the list.

Just a rambling!
  10. JimLewis

Yes, I think they do. At least, I think the people in the neighborhoods we work in care. I've seen this guy around town for a few years now. But I've NEVER seen him in one of the neighborhoods we work in. They wouldn't have it. Call them snobby or whatever. But I guarantee 99% of them would fire that guy if he showed up to their house like that.