Scrubs lose again.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TurfGuyTX, Sep 4, 2002.

1. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Well, today we had 3 more customers approach us about doing their lawns. I've watched the same scrub abuse these lawns for the last several weeks. All three were small and easy to do. I priced them at $10 more than what the scrub was charging. That's 8 that I've picked up in this neighborhood from this guy. All of them are coming to us. As it's been said, quality does pay.

I just wanted to share this with you. Good luck.

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

amusing post.

3. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

:D :D :D

4. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Better watch out, looks like you are taking over the big "D".....hahaha

Good for you! :D

5. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Consider who might have been doing those accounts before the scrubs. Chances are, they were being done by an LCO such as yourself and the homeowners saw a chance to pay less. Don't bet the farm just yet. Do consistant, quality work and they may stay with you. On the other hand, they may have learned their lesson if that's what happened. Either way, resist the temptation to down grade the other guys or chime in if the homeowner does so. It'll be hard, but you'll shine better if you refrain. Good luck.

6. TurfGuyTX

from DFW

I don't really talk about their work with customers. There's really not a need. I'm happy to talk in confidence of the quality I have to offer. This particular neighborhood is less than a year old. Before this scrub, they hadn't sodded. There are lots of new homes on the way. I love it when work is concentrated.

7. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Tony,

I totally agree with you. I really try never to badmouth anybody elses work, especially in front of a customer. I just explain how I do things, and let them decide.

My finished work is my advertisement and it speakes (volumes) for itself.

Scott

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Words to live by: Watch what you saw and mean what you say. Do a great job consistently and have a good time. It is great when you can just park in one spot and knock out several sites from there. Keep up the good work!

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

green pastures ,i thot u was talkin to me for a minute . then realised ,nobody on this forum knows the a in awm is for anthony. everybody calls me tony.well most everybody.some, i think calls me other things behind my back.:D
    ps by the way ,i agree wth u . but ive heard the word so much ,its just amusing now. people arnt born knowing about living an such. but if we are lucky we live long enough to learn the basics. have a good day. :)

10. TurfGuyTX

from DFW

Two more calls from this neighborhood today. Thanks for the support guys. Good luck to you.