Scrubs Revenge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tharrell, May 24, 2005.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

ha ha ha, I have to tell everybody about this one.
    I have a lot of convenience stores and 7 of them are 30-40 miles away. I just load up my 32 and blower, trimmer and sprayer in the back of my truck. I started doing this when fuel was around $2.20 and just kept doing it because it's a lot easier to get around in city traffic.
    At one of the stores there seems to be a morning meeting of the minds outside drinking coffee.
    I noticed a weed franchise truck parked in the same spot everytime I serviced this account.
    Last week I was finishing up with my backpack sprayer and was rounding the corner when I heard someone say to someone standing there "You're supposed to have a license to spray". It was said loud enough so as to make sure I heard it. I took my license out of the glovebox and went over to the guy that said it. I said, "Is this the same license that you have?" haaaaaaaaa
    I got back in my truck and went to make even MORE money while this guy was on his second cup!
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-I LIKE IT!

2. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Does you truck at least have signage???

Kevin

3. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

That is economic agility and cost cutting, keeping more of your price for yourself. Glad it is working for you.

4. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

:rolleyes: Great story ,i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Tharrel, you do realize he was likely on the clock while he was sitting there drinking his second cup of coffee right?

6. Tharrell

Yeah, I have signs on my truck-so what? That doesn't mean I have a license. Also, I'm pretty sure he's the owner. I've got the fully equiped trailer-with signs too. I didn't need it for these small stores and I figured I'd save some money on fuel. My point was, looks can be deceiving. You all have heard that one before, right?
    Actually, running without my trailer has taught me something. I'm going to consider doing away with it and getting a box truck or a truck with a landscaper bed on it.
    It's been real nice not having to worry about it in traffic.

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

No license numbers required on your truck where you're located?

In PA, you have to have numbers on the sides of your truck, and they have to be a certain size.

8. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Same deal here in TX too.

9. Tharrell

Sorry bout that. I didn't know that's what you meant. Here in NC, we don't have to have any of that stuff. I guess that makes it easy to think someone's a scrub. I don't care though, it was fun sticking that license under his nose! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I like it!