scrubs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SDF250, Feb 17, 2001.

1. SDF250

SDF250 LawnSite Member

whats with the station wagons ,busted up trucks and strait up dirt balls ! i feel that i have to presentable and be in uniform and its just me here so far.ie clean cut sometimes i feel that people look at all landscape contractors the same becouse they are some real pigs out there. and whats up with contractors not being friendly to each other anymore
    ist seems that in the last 3 yrs. nobody waves anymore when they pass. did the devil take over

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Almost all of the other ones in this area still wave. If they don't, they probably didn't see us wave. I hope they get more friendly out there in Pa. :)

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

mabe the real pigs to busy emptying feed trough
    to wave at you.

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Scrub competition is everywhere and in many lines of work. Like everyone here says, eventually they will play out their cards and be gone. Of course the next ones will move in but you just have to try and deal with them and make yourself rise to the top. I think that the people looking for the cheapest will get what they pay for, we all know that. Hopefully it comes full circle and now those customers will come to you! I guess it's just a matter of hanging in there.

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

surprising number of guys out this way that dont wave either, alot do, but alot dont. go figure.

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Seems to be a lot of Weekend Warriors out here. As for waving, we do wave to a few that we know personally, but for the most part, nobody seems like they want to wave.