Scrubs!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RTallday, May 5, 2004.

1. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

So, its Wednesday morning, and all is well. I load up my trailer and the help arrives on time, so things seem terrific. I get to my first lawn for the day, take care of it in no time, and it looked great when we were done. I love the way a freshly cut lawn looks when its still a little damp with dew. We get to the next lawn, all is going fine, until..... A SCRUB pulls up and begins to cut the lawn next door, with his craftsman tractor. He proceeds to discharge some of his clippings on MY freshly cut grass!!! I wanted to smack him. BUT, instead of doing anything, i just went over the area where he got stuff, cause if i made him do it, it would have looked bad. It looked fine when we were done, but its the principle of the matter. I just wanted to get that off my chest and I'm sure that some people on here have had similar things happen. The rest of the day went fine by the way. Just a little frustrating thats all. Happy mowing!

-Rich

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Scrub?
    Maybe just a nephew?

Scrub....................................

3. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

I should have put in there, i don't like to use the word scrub, because we all had to start somewhere. If it were me, i would make sure as i always do, that i am cutting AWAY from the neighboring lawn.

-Rich

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

point taken.
    glad you don't like the word scrub,it gets old.

5. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

It does get old hearing all of the complaining about scrubs. If they are all as bad as the many comments say they are then they should not be much competition for all of the true professionals out there.