1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sea Foam ????

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Harvest, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Harvest

Harvest LawnSite Member

What is everybodies experience with Sea Foam.
  2. extreme lawn care

extreme lawn care LawnSite Member

Lucas is better.
  3. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

honestly im not sure. ive used it about a dozen times on vehicles and equipment. i cant say ive noticed any improvements but no negative effects either. at times it seems to be just alot of smoke and mirrors(pun intended). it is not a magic pill if thats what your looking for. it does dry out gas really well, i do know it can do that.
  4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I think it really does good in 2 cycle equipment to help keep the carbon down, it works good as a moisture dispersant also. I use it as a fuel stabil aid also

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

Had a noisy valve in my diesel truck, really quieted it down. Good product from what I can see.
  6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I recently had a very positive expirience with the stuff, first time I had used it was in my toro personal pace. Dumped about 1/3rd the bottle into the fuel tank then used some plastic tubing and engines own vacuum to suck a good amount into combustion chamber. Let it sit then started it and cut a VERY thick, tall area of grass where the governor was open the entire time. After about 2 gas tanks later and all the seafoam was gona the engine actually did run better. I thought it was getting tired and was preparing for the 1200$ hit on a commercial push mower but this one is gonna go for another year easily considering how well it runs now.

Results dont lie and on that small engine I was fairly impressed. The engine runs stronger and doesnt bog down nearly as bad as it used to. To each their own though and I feel there is no need to use it as a constant additive for any reason but it does a fairly good job at decarboning an old engine.
  7. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Sea foam is the best. I use to sell the crap out of it, when I worke for a parts store. At least 5 cans a day. I use it in all my gas powered stuff. try it, youll love it.
  8. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

love it for small engines.
  9. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

It is a good fuel stabilizer and wonderful as a moisture dispercing agent. When I returned from Iraq, my boat had been sitting up for about a year. When it did not run right, I pulled the water seperator and the carbs and they were both full of water, probably form the tank. I have about 1/3 tank of gas. Cleaned and re-assembled carbs, installed new water seperator and dumped 3 cans of seafoam in tank and filled up. Problem solved and no more water issues.
    I am about to put some in the crankcase of my truck to clean out deposits in it and try to improve the oil pressure.
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with the saying that it's no magic pill...

Only thing that goes in my gas tank is premium unleaded.
    Only thing I put in the crankcase is synthetic blend or pure synth.

Oh yeah, and I don't let my gas cans sit in the sun.

It might have some properties, but nothing a shot of Sunoco 110 octane racing fuel can't do for less.