Sea foam

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenJay, Apr 17, 2008.

1. GreenJay

GreenJay LawnSite Member

Does any one use sea foam in fuel? Does it realy work?

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

SeaFoam works well at cleaning out combustion chambers. If you want to decarbon your mowers engine use Deep Creep which is an aerosol SeaFoam. Get the engine nice and hot then spray it into the carb a little at a time so as to not kill the engine. After you do about a half bottle then spray it heavy till it quits. Let it sit for 15 minutes then fire it back up and it should be cleaned out fairly well.

3. GreenJay

GreenJay LawnSite Member

Thanx Prostreet

4. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

I always dump a can in each mower at the begining of the season, maybe its subliminal but I think it makes the mowers run better, after sitting all winter

5. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I actually just went out and spray Deep Creep into my Shindaiwa C4 EB3410 carb, pulling the trigger to prevent it from dying, then lastly spray until it stop, wait for 5 minutes and start again. It was a little harder to start, once it started, I rev it and smoke came out for a little while. The engine did run smoother now.

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

If I've ever had a blower or something that wasn't used in a long time and wasn't running well the sea foam seemed to have them running back to normal after a tank of fuel. I make sure to use a stabilizer now over the Winter.

7. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

Sea foam works great - we refer to it (jokingly of course) as Jesus in a can. If sea foam can't bring it back, then it's done.

8. slclawn

slclawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

Sea foam work really well i have used it several times.

9. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Sea foam is the best fuel additive I have found. I use it a bunch, especially after equipment has been sitting for a while. Just yesterday, I had a 15hp Kohler which was running very poorly, sputtering and all but dying. I put a little Sea foam in, let it run on the trailer for a while, it spewed a little black smoke for a few minutes and then was good as new. Just today, I had a WB which was dying under load, thick grass, or pulling the sulky up a hill, seemed that not enough fuel was getting in, so I Seafoamed it and by the end of the next lawn, it was running properly. I alway carry a can of Seafoam in my truck.

10. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i may have to give it a try myself