Seal Coat Tank

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by CROCODILE, Feb 11, 2010.

CROCODILE LawnSite Member

Looking to start residential sealcoating in my area this upcoming year. I have been looking at my options on a sealcoat tank. I, like alot of people on here have a limited amount of money I can spend. I have taken into account that I need to use some of my resources on other pieces of equipment, insurance and advertising. I have been watching craigslist, ebay and different online sealcoat equipment suppliers.
    I have found a few in my search based on the amount of money I have for start up. I have some examples below.

I have read just about every post here on the sealcoating forum...and I understand that some of the members here have there opinons about the choices I have listed above.

I do appreciate any comments.
  2. omniplayer

omniplayer LawnSite Member

I tried to click on your links and it said they were no longer valid. How much are you looking to spend?

CROCODILE LawnSite Member

4. omniplayer

omniplayer LawnSite Member

If you are looking for a skid loaded tank then I see what you mean. If you want a tank on a trailer then your money is way better spent on one like mine. If those are new on a trailer going for 5-6,000 then doesn't it make sense to go with a unit that costs $14,000 new and used 3 years old for only six?
  5. pave man

pave man LawnSite Member

When I was looking for sealcoating equipment I stumbled across a pretty good guide to sealcoating equipment at It goes over the major systems of a sealcoating machine and helps with understanding what's best for your situation. They also have a good used sealcoating equipment post.
    hope that helps.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  6. bmeek

bmeek LawnSite Member

We are selling our complete business- Including;
    -2008 Seal-Rite SR-700 Extended Deck Trailer Unit
    *7,000lb Axels with electric brakes on each axle
    *30 Gallon Jenny Air Compressor Powered by a 13 HP Electric start Honda Engine,
    *Full Sweep variable speed Hydraulic Agitation with 3/8" rubber wiper blades on each paddle,
    *2" Wilden P8 Air Operated Dual Diaphragm Pump,
    *3 Gallon Filter Pot,
    *150 ft Hannay Manual Wind Hose Reel
    *100ft of 3/4" 300 psi Hand Hose on Swivel Mount with 6 1/2ft Aluminum Spray Wand
    *2ft Extended deck includes Heat Shield, Metal deck and dual propane tank holders with two 30 gallon propane tanks, 29 Gallon Plastic water tank with 5gpm Wilden Air-operated dual diaphragm pump, 50ft of hose
    with nozzle and brush box.
    ALSO has......
    *Cleasby 30 gallon Direct Fire Melter
    *Equipped with 61"x35" Ramp/Gate
    *6" Chrome 250,000 candle watt off-road Light bar and strobe lights
    *Spare tire, mounted on unit and lockable
    *6 HP Billy Goat FORCE Blower
    *2 Gallon Hot Crackseal Pour Pot
    *Wooden handle V-squeegee with replacements
    *8' Heavy Duty wooden handle with Tapered end Squeegee (x2)
    *16" Polypropylene Street Broom
    *18" Safety Cones (x10)
    *4HP Gas powered Billy Goat Grazer (crack cleaning)
    Used for one season only.
    Will include all as unit or part out tools. This is a low start up cost business that has a ton of potential. This unit would also be a nice addition to an existing asphalt maintenance company or a small outfit looking to expand. Already an established Oregon business, and willing to sell the entity as a whole, but can easily remove existing signage
    Please feel free to call with any questions
    Becca @ (541) 891-7851