1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sealing up fountain in pond?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by kdlklm, Aug 9, 2010.

1. kdlklm

kdlklm LawnSite Member
    from Canada

I've inherited a project that has a fountain in the center of a pond. I'm looking for opinions on the best way to seal up the pond liner around the fountain. The fountain sits about 3 inches into the water when it will be filled. The soil is very sandy so it needs to be sealed well. I'm open for suggestions. Thank you.

2. kdlklm

kdlklm LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Photos Attached

photo3.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

3. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

What I would do is to remove the existing concrete pedestal base and pour a new concrete base flush with the bottom of the Pond. Lay the liner as one piece. Place a double layer of underlayment (geotextile) between liner and new concrete base and also between fountain pedestal base and the liner. If client wants fountain to remain at present height, pour a second concrete section of concrete base on top of the liner. Sort a like making a liner sandwich with 2 concrete slabs as the bun. No cutting liner, no sealing, no leaks.