Sean Adams, Where's the mods???

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by White Gardens, Jun 8, 2008.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

So your forum has turned into a monster. Good news for all the sponsers for the volume of posts this site is generating.

My question is, Where are the MODS? Some threads and posts on here have gotten pretty hateful and full of spite. What gives, who draws the line. I just want to make sure this place is a place for opinions and suggestions and not a place to inforce someones will.

Any thoughts??

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Hi White Gardens,

The mods are here pretty much 24/7. You are correct that this site is huge, and it is a big responsibility moderating lawnsite. Many many posts to be read. It's a very fine line when moderating. Moderate too much and someone will cry "too much censorship." If at any time you or anyone finds a post that is offending, please hit the "report a post" button on the right hand side of the post.
    It looks like this:
    [​IMG]

We want Lawnsite to be enjoyable for everyone.

3. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Jodi pretty much nailed it with her post.

If you ever see anything that we may not, you can "report a post," send one of us a private message or you can email me as well - mike@mooserivermedia.com

Have a good one

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Ya, we are the highlighted in Green members at the bottom of the main page. And just because you don't see us all the time, doesn't mean we are not here;)

5. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Where to run with that comment. :) :laugh:

I don't always agree with the MODs they do a nice job.

6. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I think they do a pretty good job with a site as large as this one. :weightlifter:

Generally, when I disagree with "censorship" lol , after I've thought it over. . .the mods are usually right, after all.

7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

O no you posted an email:nono: lol j/k*trucewhiteflag*

8. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

Jodi, I did this several days ago on a post with the f word in it, "little fu**s", and it still hasn't been removed. Is the button broken?

9. Groh's Mows

Groh's Mows LawnSite Member

I have been visiting this site for over two years, so I know I am still a relative rookie. Just lately I have noticed a lot more profanity on several different threads and posted by different members. Now I can cuss like a sailor myself, but had always thought the language on here was pretty clean, which I think is good. Do you somehow "flag" members who abuse the site or lock them out? Might be time for a little house cleaning. Totally unrelated but since I am addressing the mods, it seems like some young kids who don't really add much to the site are some of the most active members right now. Maybe this is not the case and I could just be getting older and grumpy but some days I look at numerous posts/threads that are just silly or a wasted of time. I have no suggestion on how you could even do anything about that. I will close by saying I think this is one of the most unique places on the web and hope it stays that way.