Seans starting a lawn business packet

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Nw. Shadesofgreen, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Nw. Shadesofgreen

Nw. Shadesofgreen LawnSite Member

Could any one that has purcahsed this packet and used it, please give their opinions.

I am thinking about ordering it, Just wanted some insite from people that have gone this route in starting up there Lawn co.

Thanks Mike:help:

2. Lil' Cabrito

Lil' Cabrito LawnSite Member

posted the same question under the just starting business link and only got 4 replies in 2 weeks. I did purchase the package prior to my question (sucker or not?) and I will put in my 2 cents to ya if the package ever shows up to me. Lil' Cabrito:confused:

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

This has been talked about over and over and over and over again. Search for "lawncare success" or "contract AND templates". One of the beauties of this site is the ability to help yourself, not just rely on others.

4. Nw. Shadesofgreen

Nw. Shadesofgreen LawnSite Member

Thanks MacLawnCo
    I will look for this up.

Mike

5. Lil' Cabrito

Nw. shades of green, Do as MclawnCo. suggested. I received my kit in the mail yesterday, took 30 minutes to read entire thing fully word for word. I lost my money on this one, but you have to take a hit for the team! Only valuable if someone has never mowed, started business, spent time on lawnsite, or they are just complete idiots. The kit gives no good examples, it only refers you back to lawncaresuccess to purchase templates, etc. so just do that from the beginning or do as MclawnCo. suggests. :mad:

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Lil Cabrito... I have no problem with your opinion or posting it on this site...when did you order? e-mail me your name and address and phone number so we can talk....

I'm not sure if any "idiot" knows how to incorporate their business or put together a marketing strategy or learn how to estimate with no prior experience...and I don't know many people who can read 120 pages in less than 30 minutes...

I also find it odd that you have only made 3 posts on this site and all of them are criticizing me and ths kit.

My guess is you created a user name on the site simply to make sure people who need this information don't get their hands on it.

I'm interested in your response.

7. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Lil' Cabrito, Looks like Sean called you out. How do you read 120 pages in 30 minutes? Sounds like a good deal for a new person to the business or for someone who doesn't have any business background.

8. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

No response yet from Lil Cabrito....

9. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Sean, Im happy to hear you say something. I read this post yesterday and thought to myself that what are these guys wanting from you. I guess they would be happy if you went to job site, told them what it needed and bid it for them. I just frown on pepole who use this site then try to discredit the site in some way.

10. Lil' Cabrito

Hey Sean, Didn't mean to get you and then some fired up over my three posts. Lawnsite is a great research site in which all are allowed to post their opionion on the green idustry as long as they follow the rules and show respect to all members. Many posts that I read have fowl language in them and that is not what you will see from Lil' Cabrito. (Back to Point) As you know I am new to lawnsite, think it is the best site on the internet and my first post was same as newshades on the kit. I just resonded to his post with my honest feelings of the kit. It was no different than MacLawnCo.'s reply. Why the hard feelings? Hey, by the way, I bought a new 36" ferris hydro this weekend and was busy trying it out on a bunch of accounts. This machine rocks, it puts my 48" gravely to shame. Keep up the great work, Lil' Cabrito.:D