Search Engine Help

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by 1BadHawk, Apr 25, 2005.

1. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

I just published my website a few weeks ago with a hosting company thats seems prety decent so far. Setup was easy, maintenance seems easy, and the price is fair, about 8 bucks a month.

Im wondering though, how do it set my site up so it gets found/listed on google and other search engine sites?

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

You can either pay a company to supposedly get you noticed, which is a waste of $$, or you can try yourself. Have you submitted the site to the search engines? I'd suggest at least submitting to Google. Second step is getting you're meta tags in place so that engines can find your site when people search for lawn care in your area. Third part is cross linking to as many other sites as possible. Put your website address in your signature here and on other message boards. Get others to link to your site. That will get you noticed fast. Try to get in local directories. It takes a bit of work, but eventually you'll get noticed.

3. webmaster@VI

webmaster@VI LawnSite Member
    from CA

4. hotwired

hotwired LawnSite Member
    from maine

Hi
    My name's ken lavoie and I happen to own a web design company as well as a 2 man landscape operation here in Maine. There's much more to getting on the search engines than submitting. IN fact, submitting is almost unnecessary as the search engines get faster and faster at finding pages that are already "out there". I have a step by step checklist that I use to optimize each of my sites and all my sites come up on the first page of Google for their respective search terms. email me at ken@lavoieslandscape.com and I'll send it to you, no charge, as a courtesy to a fellow landscaper. In fact, anyone reading this post, email me and I'll send it to you.

5. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

Hey Ken,
    I shot you an email couple of days ago but not sure if you got it. I'm interested in knowing any tips on overcoming the spammers and unrelated directories for keyword searches regarding the local green industry. Thanks for your input!

6. hotwired

hotwired LawnSite Member
    from maine

7. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

Thanks Ken,
    I'll read that this afternoon.

8. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Did you get too many request :laugh:

Thanks again for sending me mine :waving:

9. partstree

partstree Sponsor

perhaps we should sticky this thread and make it a sign-up list for lawnsite.com users who wish to reciprocate to each other. this could be a great opportunity to mutually increase our individual sites in search engine rankings. anybody else interested?