1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Search Engine Optimization

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Team-Green L&L, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Need to optimize search results without adding too much text. Links are coming in now, but I assume there are faster ways to up your search results?
  2. Qreative

Qreative LawnSite Member

Through a little reasearch I discovered how search engines worked.

First of all, they are all different... but all have a complex mathematical algorhythm to determine web site rank for each search. SO it's impossible to explain to the detail but here's main ideas that will help you out.

Posting links on high quality and ranked sites will help your ranking more than on smaller irrelevant sites. The more links the better.

Content is key. Updated and relevant material is important.

Keywords are also important, but keyword spaming actually hurts your rank in search results.

Placing keywords in headlines are better then paragraphs, but make sure you try to cover multiple forms of the words you are using.
    -Ex. Landscaper Landscapers Landscape

Search engines understand HTML better than Javascript Navagations.

Now specifically for Landscapers websites, You want to consentrate on LOCAL Keywords. When someone is looking for you, they are going to search with local terms...obvioulsy Town and state... but getting more creative will go to your advantage. Directions, North Eastern part of Connecticut. Abreviations N east CT. Common roads near you... i-95, 395 rt 32. You get the idea.

Good luck with those search engines.
  3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the help!:waving:
  4. Qreative

Qreative LawnSite Member

You are welcome.