Search Problems

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by hosejockey2002, Mar 29, 2006.

1. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1024 bytes) in /home/www/lawnsite/lawnsite.com/docs/search.php on line 930

I got this message several times today when trying to search.

2. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

What are you trying to search? Please let me know what I should do on the search page to reproduce your search query. Thanks!

3. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was trying to search for "sod laying time". I tried numerous variations without success and finally just did a search for "sod". It worked, but of course I came up with literally thousands of hits. I've never had any problems in the past searching with several different terms. I think another guy in the "Server Busy" thread reported the same problem so I don't think it's on my end. BTW, thanks for all the work you do keeping this site up and running.:clapping:

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

May have been me? I have posted a couple different times about the poor "search" function. Maybe the V-Bulleten software dosn't allow for anything better? It would be nice to have some sort of way to search for more specific things.

Example, try to search specifically for "walker walkbehind mower" well you get EVERY post that the word walker, walkbehind, and mower has been mentioned. that's about 100,000, lol.