Searching by name

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toroguy, Aug 5, 2000.

1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi,
    I wanted to share the new search feature I just tried. By searching by "name" you can pull up all posts by a particular member of LawnSite. I searched on "TheLawnRanger" and was able to read all 35 of his posts. Many of these posts I would have missed the conventional way I surf this site.

I also searched "toroguy" and noticed my posts are kinda dumb. I will try and improve my responses to the fine members of LawnSite.

I like the new changes now that I've taken them for a test drive.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Another nice feature is the new search on this software. It will find any keyword you want to look for that is in a message, or just the subject line. For example, if you type in lawnranger as the keyword it will find each post his name was even mentioned, including your post on this new thread. I've been looking for the bearing balancer thread for a while, but I typed in balancer today and found it without a problem. I had forgotten what I put in the subject line when I was looking for it before, but I knew I had used the word balancer in the message. Isn't this new stuff NEAT? :rolleyes:

3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Eric,
    It would be nice to have these features wired into ourselves, great for remembering those birthdays and anniversaries.

This site was an excellent tool before the upgrade. I feel bad for my competitors who still havnt discovered this site.