season comming to an early end

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sweet Tater, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Man with temps at night down in the low 50s and now 40's for the next week the grass has already started slowing down. 2 customers today asked me to take them off scedule and put them on "will call"
    This is going to put a crimp in my Christmas money :(

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I hear ya boss..

I've gotten plenty of those already.

3. railman

railman LawnSite Member

I got a couple of those today too. "I will call you". its slowing down for me too. glad I started saving up for x mas early.

4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i said this last week, and no-one listened...

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

it rained all weekend and it has rained the last couple days and i cant keep up. Hopefully the season doesnt end too soon

6. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Must be nice. It hasn't reained here in a lil oer a month, of course that isn't helping either. Hope you have a good long season.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats the difference between you warm season grass guys and us cool season grass guys. Here, it has still been fairly dry BUT daytime highs now in the 60's and nighttime lows in the low 40's, the turf has really picked up a bit for a nice late season mowing run. A little rain sprinkled in and that should set me up until Halloween.

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

do any of you guys here in the south have any luck overseeding with rye? I haven't mowed anything all week and next week is looking doubtful....

9. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i think its still a little early here for rye, but you should be able to pretty soon since you're north of me.

10. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

its way to dry here.we have not had rain in over two months.it is going to warm back up next week and a small chance of rain i will cut some more.no big deal.