Season cut short

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 12, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Doesn't look good for the next 1 1/2 weeks. It may look like the season is going to be cut short. All of this week rain/snow and high winds. And then next week (week of Thanksgiving) looks like 3 days of snow then too.

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I'm ready for winter, been a long summer.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I need more days for cleanups, i want snow but it has got wait, MOTHER NATURE: SHOW SOME MERCY FOR THE KID WORKING AFTER SCHOOL THAT HAS TO GET RIDES WITH HIS PARENTS TO JOBS!!!!!lol

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

The good thing about Virginia...if it snows, it soon melts, then you can recommence cleanups. Even in Michigan, you're not gonna have continual snow cover starting in mid-Nov, are you?

5. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

last year it started the night before thanksgiving and just had a couple days break here and there.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

WHAT!!!???? I better get on the weather channel! Channel 12 weather is on right now. We'll see what JR has to say! LOL

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Last Thankgiving we had about 6 inches of snow, and it stayed.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We did too, didn't we? I think we were working that day AND night, if I'm not mistaken.

9. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Well I'm glad I don't live up there. Too cold for me.

10. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

looking at last years records, plowed 6+" nov. 24 & 25, nov 30 & dec 1 plowed 6+" nice little break until the 16th with 3" 23rd with 4"
    by the way at that time I was paying 1.99 for my diesel fuel. this will be a interesting year at 3.00 per gal.