1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Season Opener

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sir mowsalot, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

Well tomorrow is the first day back to work, Yahoooo. Finally can get out of the house and go make some $$$. Spring cleanups with the temps in the low to mid 40's. By the end of the week highs in the 70's, so here we go. Anyone else in the northeast-midatlantic start yet?

2. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I wasn't gonna start until next monday, but I may go out friday since it will be so nice and get the rust out. Tomorrow the ground will still be frozen so I'd do more harm than good. Tuesday trade show. Weds buy supplies. Thurs get equip ready, friday maybe start?!?!?!?!

3. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

Mine started last week and finished 3 of them and starteed on the 4th one but it consist of 5 school grounds so I'll be busy all this next week Also saw and killed my 1st snake of the season I was weedeating and looked bown and there the little bugger was scared the jimmy christmas out of me weedeater did him in but I made sure the weed eater was not spining toward me Taht time of year again

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I may not start for another 2 weeks, honestly. We'll probably start advertising "officially" next week. I usually start clean-ups kinda late, but once we are rolling it's FULL steam ahead.

5. samk

samk LawnSite Member

Lawns are like rocks around here. going into the 40s this week. maybe two to three weeks out ?

6. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Started March 1st

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Gotta get rid of the 8" of snow on the ground first....

It'll be mid - end of April here.

8. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Still quite a bit of snow on the ground here....I'm prepping equipment this week, I have some RR tie and fencing work scheduled for next week, but it looks like clean-ups won't start until after St Pat's day. Can't be any worse than last year, we didn't get started until April 1st.

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We have a couple mulch jobs and a couple cleanups to do and with the warm weather this weekend I expect the grass to start getting green again. So we should start cutting in the next 2 weeks or so if the weather holds out.

10. just Cuts

just Cuts LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I started 6 days ago. Clean-ups. Have some mulch jobs later this week.