1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

season rates

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by eliahwoodcutter, Sep 22, 2005.

1. eliahwoodcutter

eliahwoodcutter LawnSite Member

i am new on this site , i am just wondering what are your guys rates for aerating and leaf removal.
    for example for an yard that you charge $30 ( grass cutting) how much it will be aerating , over seeding ,lime ,new starter fertilizer. i mean for a small yard.
    how about leaves ?-roughly!!
    one time i read, that you charge by square feet( for aerating) . but i talk with some LSC and they are all different when it comes about charging.
    any advise will be appreciate it. thank you !
  2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

For the core aeration of a small lawn area, I would have to charge the minimum price. My munimun price is 60.00 for aeration. For the seeding and starter fert, there would also be a min for each, The lime application would be after there was a soil test to find out how much you need to put down per 1000/sf.

The leaf cleanup qand removal is a whole different ballgame, mabey figure what you need per hour.
  3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

things are so different all over the country, what works in one state is too much for another.....

here, its hard to get much for aeriation, 30 dollar lawn you might get 40 or 50, leaf cleanup, kind of depends on how your doing it.... i use my old lawn tractor with the bagging system and chop em up and dump the bins in my truck. i get 2 1/2 times the mowing rate for leaf cleanup...
  4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree the rates are different in different areas, butr you need to know how much you have to make to do the job. Mabey someone from his area will post and help with the rates, but that can be different also because of areas and how others price the services, and how customers percieve the services.
  5. Martee

Martee LawnSite Member

I live in Washington state and we charge the same for leaf removal as we do for lawn care $37.50 an hour plus a dump fee of $25.00 a yard, we rake and pick up by hand using barrels.
    As far as Aeration we charge $75.00 an hour min.