1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Seasonal treatment?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by woody367, Mar 23, 2006.

1. woody367

woody367 LawnSite Member
    from LI, NY

Hi all, I am new here and am a member from plowsite.com. I am not a landscaper but thought you guys might help. I want to find a company to treat my lawn for the season. I had a company called Tru green chemlawn. I was paying $65.00 a treatment and 96.00 for grub control. I have not been happy with them as my lawn get lots of crabgrass each year and the tell me all kinds of excuses why it happened. So the lawn looks like s*#t by summer. All I have got prices of $150.00 each treatment. I have used landscapers in the past to treat my lawn and was not happy with the out come. Any suggestion? Thank you for any help.
  2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Tear it all out and put mulch in, making a whole yard of landscaped items, and then just put down Preen or Treflan, or Snapshot once every 5-6 weeks.
  3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

if you cant find someone in your area to do it right do it yourself! buy a quality fert with pre-m for the 1st application, spot treat any broadleaf you get in the spring, make another application in June with a summer fert w/ slow release, do 2 applications in the fall. Sept. and Nov. with high N & K also spray for weeds in the fall. and remember one of the most important factors in having a nice looking lawn is mowing height!