seat shutoff wiring

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by eyewall_1, Apr 21, 2005.

1. eyewall_1

eyewall_1 LawnSite Member

Hi,

I did some adjusting to my seat, and disconnected the wiring to the seat sensor. I forgot how it was attached...any difference on how its re-attached?

Another more ominous problem. I have 46 hours on the machine, getting ready to mow from over-wintering. As mentioned above, I did some seat adjustments. I re-attached the wiring how I believe it was originally. Double checked the oil level, new oil filter, fresh gas, etc. I started it, leaving it idle, and drove it to the garage to check tire pressure. The motor halted abruptly twice. I could immediately re-start it. Letting it idle. I thought that I had incorrectly attached the wiring to the seat. So, I 'm leery of re-starting it.

That's where I'm at now...

Thanks...
    Chuck

Fastrak Z
    52in -Honda 20HP

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You can hook those wires up either way, it does not make a difference.
    As to the unit stalling, if you were driving it at idle, that may be your problem.
    Get some fresh fuel in the unit, check your oil to make sure it is up to the correct level and start the unit as you would usually and go to work.

Pj

3. eyewall_1

To be more specific, the motor was idling in my driveway. I was just getting off. I heard some ticking sounds and then it just stopped. I pulled the plugs, look good. I had just put in 8 gallons of fresh gas. It was full of oil with a new filter that I changed just before winter. After reinstalling the plugs, the motor does not want to turn over. I'm getting a very sick feeling about this...especially with 46.7 hours on my hour meter.

Chuck

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Any chance you left some hardware or tools somewhere they shouldn't be after you adjusted your seat?
    The engine will not turn over? does the starter attempt to turn it over?
    I would call your dealer to have them look at it ASAP.

Pj

5. eyewall_1

Yes, the starter engaged, the motor turn turned very hard. I did not force the issue, it definitely did not sound like it wanted to turn, ie...not free. So, I immediately turned the key off. There were no tools of any sort around. I'm a very particular guy about my equipment. I'm going to be very upset if this motor is fried for some unknown reason. So...it seems like I'm going to have to haul this thing to the dealer... :(

Chuck