1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Seat Spring Kit for 2002 Hustler Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jdhardin, Apr 25, 2006.

1. jdhardin

jdhardin LawnSite Member

My Z has the standard seat, and I REALLY need to do something to ease my aching back. I've read about spring kits for the smaller models, but is there one for the Z? Can the kits for the smaller models be modified to work on a Z?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

3. jdhardin

jdhardin LawnSite Member

That's interesting - I haven't seen that before. How's it compare to a full suspension seat? My thinking is that the "U" springs might be better simply because they have some fore and aft give. Not sure the suspension seat would have that. But I'll check with my dealer.

4. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

I know of many Hustler Mini Z's and Hustler Z's that have went home with the FasTrak seat spring kit on it. Customers I have talked to consider it an affordable way to improve operator comfort.
  5. jdhardin

jdhardin LawnSite Member

Thanks for the information. I think I'll check with my dealer tomorrow about the spring kit.