Seco Crossjet 4x4

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by KW Outdoor, Jul 27, 2013.

1. KW Outdoor

KW Outdoor LawnSite Member

First time here - Hello ! Has anyone seen or used a Seco crossjet 4x4 ?

2. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting, but I see no way pneumatic tires would hold up to what this machine was cutting.

3. KW Outdoor

Good point - we have three on order. I'll take a good look at the tires ?

4. puppypaws

I would love to see some video of operation and hear about your experience with this machine, hopefully you will come back and give us your thoughts after operating them for a time.

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

By the Videos Looks like fun ride up and down a hill But sideways I don't think it be to safe

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

7. KW Outdoor

Thank you - any input is great. It will help when they arrive for customer questions. I based my decision on the components / weight and low center of gravity. The videos in Australia landscape was exactly like northern Canada. I will be testing the units after I go end to end to see how they are made !

8. KW Outdoor

I was impressed right off the bat. The balance and power fit the unit well - first test was on road side with 40 degree slope. Up - down and stop mid. way and restart - side hill with diff. lock - just fine. Next - low wet first cut of the season (3' grass / weeds) in the rain - did not even fizz the Vanguard. Now to see if a finish cut would be acceptable. At 3" - fair - too much tire roll over of grass. Then the quarry for the hill climb tests for the 4x4 traction test - on gravel - all four just chewed away. On firm ground walked up the slope. And last in the swamp for soft ground and bury the blade in mud. Ran out well - lots of power and best of all great balance between components. NOW ... they are not made for the 6' plus with a beer belly ! Steering wheel to seat clearance - but average build just fine. Ooooo and no beer cup holder - so the perfect rough finish machine and great for the Canadian landscape. The first big test next week is the landfill site hill sides for the county ???? :canadaflag:

9. puppypaws

I would love to see some video of your trials if you have that capability.

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

x 2. Would be very interesting to see.