Second happiest day of my life

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Avery, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Was when I bought my Walker mowers.

Happiest day of my life was today...when I finally sold the last one!! Good bye and good ridance!!:D

2. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

Gettin rid of a 48" Bobcat hydro. What a giant green turd that thing has been.

3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Cant say i blame you, little story here about Walker mowers, i was doing a cleanup a few years ago on a zoysia yard, apparently all the grass felt like clumping up in the muffler of the mower that sat only about 5 inches off the ground. Needless to say the fire department showed up with 2 pumpers and had to extinguish about a 1/2 acre of grass before it hit the house. Never use a Walker again.

4. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

I can't wait to buy my second one, walker that is.

5. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I'm picking up my second one on monday. It will be a very good day!

6. Avery

Yours is not the only fire story I have heard. Only one of many design problems with Walkers.

7. packerbacker

But i will say this much, the Walker can mulch like no other, still not worth it though IMO

8. Avery

That remains to be seen. Got a Toro 355 on order. I have head good things about it. It has to be tougher than the Walker. Those things go down more than a $20 dollar street walker in NY!

9. SHOW ME STATE RIDER

SHOW ME STATE RIDER LawnSite Member
    from MO

The only guy that I see using those things is the old man down the street that lives on about 2 acres. He must like it, he cuts the grass about everyday, at 1/2in ,I swear.

10. packerbacker

I dont think Walker had commercial guys like us in mind when they desgined their mowers