1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Second happiest day of my life

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Avery, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Was when I bought my Walker mowers.

Happiest day of my life was today...when I finally sold the last one!! Good bye and good ridance!!:D

2. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

Gettin rid of a 48" Bobcat hydro. What a giant green turd that thing has been.

3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Cant say i blame you, little story here about Walker mowers, i was doing a cleanup a few years ago on a zoysia yard, apparently all the grass felt like clumping up in the muffler of the mower that sat only about 5 inches off the ground. Needless to say the fire department showed up with 2 pumpers and had to extinguish about a 1/2 acre of grass before it hit the house. Never use a Walker again.

4. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

I can't wait to buy my second one, walker that is.

5. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I'm picking up my second one on monday. It will be a very good day!

6. Avery

Yours is not the only fire story I have heard. Only one of many design problems with Walkers.

7. packerbacker

But i will say this much, the Walker can mulch like no other, still not worth it though IMO

8. Avery

That remains to be seen. Got a Toro 355 on order. I have head good things about it. It has to be tougher than the Walker. Those things go down more than a $20 dollar street walker in NY!

9. SHOW ME STATE RIDER

SHOW ME STATE RIDER LawnSite Member
    from MO

The only guy that I see using those things is the old man down the street that lives on about 2 acres. He must like it, he cuts the grass about everyday, at 1/2in ,I swear.

10. packerbacker

I dont think Walker had commercial guys like us in mind when they desgined their mowers