Second round of bids....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Thirdpete, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

I have these two properties I've been asked to bid on...

Prop 1.
    33840 feet of turf.
    36 Evergreen Bushes
    8 Deciduous Bushes

No edging, little trimming. TONS of trash. Part of the deal is picking up trash...bottles, papers, white castle boxes, etc. It's at the corner of two busy streets and it's a factory lot that I'll be servicing. This grass area is 21k feet, and the trash is fairly scattered. I'm thinking 15-20 minutes weekly, so that's going into the bid.

500 - Trash
    1350 - Grass
    820 - Bushes (twice on evergreens, four times on deciduous)

total: 2670/Year
    divided by seven months:
    roughly 380/month

Prop 2.
    8100 feet of turf
    630 feet of edging
    15 evergreen shrubs about 24", though 9 are dead and will need to be replaced
    16 36" evergreen shrubs
    21 Deciduous shrubs

140 - Trash
    900 - Grass
    1120 - Shrubs (twice/year on evergreens, four times on deciduous)
    total: 2160
    7 months, roughly 300/month

Am I at all off on this? I'm in near-west suburban Chicago. When looking at the amount of grass and the final prices it seems a bit off, but i've never really handled properties where there's tons of bushes.

How's this looking?

2. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

bump

anybody? I don't want to end up charging too little and getting the job while driving prices down. I think i'm in the ballpark range but if i'm off too much i'd like ot know. anyone?

3. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

I think $380 is a littel cheap for that kinda Junk i have an orchard that takes me an hour and 10 minuts and I get 425 a month No trash littel weedeat and blow dont come up short

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Your estimates look right on the mark. IMO:D....................In my area you would never get the bid at those prices.