sectioning off a warehouse

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by stevesmowing, Jan 11, 2006.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at doing an even swap (mowing for storage)with someone who just bought a couple warehouses. The space inside is huge, however I need to come up with a way to section it off or secure an area. I don't want people to be able to steal my stuff and I don't want to be convicted of stealing someone elses. I'd be fine with just locking my tailer and prolocker and trimmer racks. Right now there isn't anyone else using the space but there might be come spring. The Warehouse is about 100' by 200' in size. Any ideas on how to section off space or add security somehow. I will be using about 20 feet by 50 feet. There is an overhead bay door that could be used for only me.

2. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

There is a company in KY called Wirecrafters. They are one of several mesh-panel manufacturers. I do not believe they deal direct, but you could call any material handling companies in your area and ask them for mesh-panel quote. I used to sale and install these items. It is 1" x 2" wire mesh panels builit in angle iron. The overall panel is usually 4' x 8' and bolts to the next panel and so on. They have sliding gates, hinged doors, tops, etc. You can anchor these to concrete and it becomes a in-warehouse jail cell. Awesome stuff! Check it out with any material handling company.

Good luck.

3. sanfordandsonfan

sanfordandsonfan LawnSite Member

A friend of mine works in a warehouse setting, and a contractor rents space from them. The contractor had a fence company put up a temporary chain link fence (6ft) around his area. Looked very sturdy and safe. I think he just pays a rental fee and when he is done, they come and take the fence.

4. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

what keeps someone from just climbing over the top? I like the ideas though. Are there any places online that I can find prices?

5. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

You can also put ceilings in them, or stack panels double high as a deterrent to keep people from climbing. I would just do a google search for wire mesh security panels