secure that load

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mr.Lawn, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Mr.Lawn

Mr.Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Ok folks, I need a cheap way to secure my equipment on the trailer. Just my mowers. I REALLY don't want to buy those pro lockers. Like tie down and where to secure them or anything else. Thanks
  2. ltw77

ltw77 LawnSite Member

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

you can put 2 eye bolts in the trailer deck. get either straps or some chain w/ a clip. replace one of the bolts holding the front caster on. replace it with another eyebolt w/ clip. put one on each side and make it tight to keep it from moving.
  4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

or you can just get some heavy-duty rachet straps and use those.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Or you could nail some 2x4's to the deck as wheel chocks.
  6. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

I learned a lesson this year the hard way.Going down the street, see a guy backing up,laid on the horn, went to the other side of the street too and he still hit me.
    Guy said at least its just an old trailer,the price was still on it. He hit my right wheelwell and we settled on the spot for 400.No real damage just doesnt look new anymore. O well. Then I get to the next job and find out the walkbehind jumped and killed my 21s handle.
    NOW I see why they should be strapped down,the guy wasnt going fast at all, have no idea what it would have done if he was going 30-40 mph.
  7. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

You could try pro lockers. you can find them at
    also do a search and see what everyone else thinks about them.
  8. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

Dude, not to sound like a total smart ass or anything but did you even read the original post . He is looking for a way without having to buy the Prolockers. Now as for the original post,I recommend doing what Raven said with the straps. Its quick, easy and inexpensive.
  9. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i like that idea..specially if your not traveling very far ( only like a a couple clocks to the next yard)

do walk behinds have parking brakes on them or anything to help keep them on the 2x4s?

i would strap it down if i was traveling far or using any highway
  10. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I just use the strong rubber bungees, one on each side. From the trailer, through the front secures them from moving left, right and up.