secure website?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ksland, Apr 1, 2005.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know a do-it-yourself way to have a secure connection between a website and a customer to allow them to enter their credit card info. Is their just a Java script or something? I want people to be able to make a payment by entering in their credit card info, Then I will manually process it once I recive the info. Obviously, the info has to be encrypted.

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

3. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

Your host may be able to set up a secure certificate for you or give you an address on their secure server. For example, ThinkHost (the hosting company that is advertised in this forum) can set up addresses like https://secure.thinkhost.com/yourdomain.com/ for a small fee, and you don't have to worry about having a certificate.

Please note that the certificate will only allow the information to be encrypted during the communication between the client and the server, and you will probably want to encrypt it before storing it on the server/having it e-mailed to you for security reasons. Depending on what exactly you want to do, GnuPG and SouperMail could help you.