secureing mowers to trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Mummert's Mowing, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Mummert's Mowing

Mummert's Mowing LawnSite Member

What is the best way to secure zero turns to enclosed trailers and what size trailer would be best for a 50" z-turn with bagging system, a 48"walkbehind and two 21'' mowers.

2. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

I use prolockers to secure my ztr and it doesn't move at all and still allows you to use your floor when you don't carry mowers. I'd buy either an 16 or 18 foot enclosed trailer that way you can keep the two 21 mower up front still have room for a work bench and the two mowers behind them. Someone else will come along and give you more info, good luck.

3. BentleyOutdoors

BentleyOutdoors LawnSite Member

Prolocker all the way. I used the straps for about 3 week and hated them, remember you get what you pay for.:usflag:

4. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

6. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

I was hauling it on a car hauler...I had one strap on the front and one on the back...needless to say the one in the front must have come lose, and then the back one was useless. Just sold the car hauler, got a big enclosed, and just ordered a 20ft full blown landscape trailer with every option they had. I didn't really have the money due to winter, but I really didn't have the money to have another mower fall off the trailer either..lol. Expecially now since I started selling mowers and delivering them for people.

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I follow the law when I secure my mowers.... that being the law of gravity. If the trailer is right side up, my mowers will sit on it, with boards on the floor to keep them from rolling around. Should the trailer be upside down, well, I got bigger problems then a couple mowers being upside down on the road...

8. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i had prolocker and think they are junk. The mowers would bounce sideways alot and sometimes would come out of the holder. also, i move equipment around on the trailer and it is a pain to move it around all the time. I ended up throwing them away.

9. Hello be sure to check out our Fastrap Tie Down system

http://www.trailerracks.com/fastrap.html

Secure anything with wheels to trailer decks, in seconds! The Fastrap features an adjustable heavy duty 2" strap to secure equipment with wheels ranging from 8" to 27" in diameter. The fastrap is the perfect device to use with your walk behind mower, ZTR Mower, or ATV/Four wheeler. The Fastrap is rated at 800lbs per strap and it is recommended that two straps be used for each peice of equipment you are securing. REMEMBER PROPERLY SECURING EQUIPMENT IS THE LAW.

Lawnsite customers get 10% Off!! Remember to use coupon code lawnsite1 when you check out!

10. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

You would get ticketed in Michigan for only doing that.

Everything in your trailer must be strapped down, regardless of "The law of Gravity"