secureing the z spray on the trailer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Apr 14, 2006.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

how do you guys secure your unit on the trailer..
    see pic
    i made up 2x4 chocks and 2 tie downs..
    it's not the best but it's all i can come up with..

[​IMG]

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try fast straps for the cost man there cheap.

3. ant

DO YOU HAVE A LINK FOR THE FAST STRAPS?

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Greentouch.com

5. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

6. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

I have a 7x14 enclosed and a 10x14 Deckover.

In the enclosed I strap the machine down on all 4 corners(i put hooks on the trailer floor) and have a pallet in the front section of the trailer. I would like to use the prolocker but then I would not be able to slide the pallet in.

On the deck over I use 2 big ratchet straps over the top of the machine and chock the wheels. It's not really what I want ,but it works. I am thinking of using a prolocker for this and just taking it off when I don't need the trailer for the z spray.

7. fert40

fert40 LawnSite Member

Do not use a pro locker. I bought one and it doesn't work with a z-spray. They told me it would work but the guy didn't know what he was talking about. It has to do with the frame arm that holds the wheel on, it isn't a typical lawn mower set up. I bent the mess out of the pro locker the first time I rolled into it because the arm bent the top of the brace and I had a terrible time getting that unit out of the locker after that. The strap would work better. Just trying to save you some time and money.

8. ant

thanks for the heads up..

9. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not sure what you are talking about. I use a Prolocker and it works great.

10. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Turfscape,

How are you using the Pro Locker with your Z? I have the intermediate with a 16" wheel and it's not able to be done. The "arm assembly" for the z wheel is to close to the tire and the comes in contact with the adjustable front bracket on the locker. I bent mine on the first effort.

Any ideas on how it's working for you?

Thanks,

Finn