securing bids

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Property Pro 1975, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Property Pro 1975

Property Pro 1975 LawnSite Member

When do people start looking to secure bids for commercial accounts I've heard, now , October , Spring . New guy need all the tips I can get.
  2. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Property Pro ,

Im wondering the samething. Im looking into getting a few commercial accounts for this next season, but haven't had much luck getting any advise on here. Good luck
  3. westsweeper4

westsweeper4 LawnSite Member
    from 45069

You could always go in to a company and ask them when they start taking bids.

Seems like its the same thing your doing here.
  4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Companies start taking bids at different times. Some may start taking bids toward the end of the season (ie, October) while others may take them during winter (ie. January). Your best option is to go to the business that you would like to submit the bid to and ask to talk to the person incharge of the grounds and discuss submitting a bid with them.
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

u guys dont need to worrie so much about getting the bids, nake sure you know what your doing and can handle it....

I've seen several small co's get into trouble real quick trying to Jump the process
  6. Property Pro 1975

The bids are what pay the bills ! Not to sound disrespectful. When I start getting some then I will worry about being able to handle it. But I have gotten a contract through a guy having to much and not showing up regularly and a guy lose one to be called back because the other guy did crappy work and he raised his price 75 dollars. thanks for the feedback
  7. Property Pro 1975

Those are a few examples to show you I understand what you are talking about.
  8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have a contract I will send ya. If you Pm me with your email address.

Look it over very carefully, this proptery I picked up for 76,000.00 a year.
    the Co. that had it bidded it at 27,000.00 I happen to know of this person and today he's working at Walmart. he's being sued because he didn't finish the contract out.

Gentlemen. know what your getting into. it's very sad when things like this happen. If you think you have the resources to go for the bigger jobs and you get a big head and bid it out for 27,000.00 and it cost 30,000.00 outta pockett, your in trouble.......

Good luck
  9. Flatop

Flatop LawnSite Member

I concur with mowerbrad. Go to the business and ask when and if they will be seeking bids. Make sure you have all the necessary paper work in order.
    Bohiaa, can you send me a copy of the contract at Much appreciate it.
  10. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty LawnSite Member

If possible could i take a look at it I have one and would like to be able to compare it against another lco thanks in advance :drinkup: