1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Securing Device for Mowers

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.lawnsite.com/buttons/jump.php?i' started by stang358, Apr 21, 2003.

1. stang358

stang358 LawnSite Member

I have been thinking of this for a while. I don't have the engineering skills to fabricate it myself. I am looking for ideas to secure mowers on a trailer that is simple and doesn't require straps.

I am thinking there is a way to permanately mount something to the trailer that makes it simple to secure mowers with a simple flip of a lever or locking arm or something along those lines. Any ideas of how it could be done?

This would only work for those of us that carry the same equipment all the time.
  2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

do you want something to keep them from rolling or something to secure them?
  3. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

The trimmertrap company makes a device called the "kreeper keepers"

Go to their website www.trimmertrap.com and click on "Accessories" then on KK1- Kreeper Keepers.
  4. stang358

stang358 LawnSite Member

That seems like it would work for my 32 wb, but I don't know about the ztr. Any other ideas for the rider?
  5. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i built the nicest hold down ever got sick of the stupid ratchit straps very simple to build with welder and cut of saw one pin and the mower is out it locks the front caster in place and a seperate peice angle holds the back end from swinging out it is sweet:D
  6. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

Rayco has a good ideal on their new 4x4 stumpgrinder and trailer combo. You just pull the grinder on the trailer and drop a pin located on the front of the grinder into a mount on the trailer and drive off.