1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Securing equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ar_blazeman, May 12, 2007.

1. ar_blazeman

ar_blazeman LawnSite Member

How do you guys secure your equipment on your trailers while transporting especially your mowers?
  2. NittanyLawncare

NittanyLawncare LawnSite Member

Ratchet straps.
  3. Midwest Lawn Services

Midwest Lawn Services LawnSite Member

yup! 20k break strength. They are heavy duty babies!!! its overkill, but i've never lost anything
  4. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Ratchet straps here to.
  5. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

my trailer has no sides, and its just the mower on it, so i use ratchets and then a chain around the front wheels for safety
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

My trailer is surrounded by 2 foot high steel sides, all I do is set the parking brake, but I'm also usually a careful and slow driver... I've forgot to set the brake and the mower didn't move, so to speak. Don't get me wrong, it took years to learn, I've got dents in the front of the trailer to prove that much, but it's been a long time since my Wb went awol on my trailer.
  7. YB Legal

YB Legal LawnSite Member
    from NC

wb ratchet straps, rider park brake. i have made my wb dance before, but its a little harder to make a 1300lb rider dance around on my talier unless i brain fart and clean a curb or a ditch with a trailer tire.
  8. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member