securing little wonder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mmacsek, Oct 28, 2003.

1. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

We're starting to do leaf clean-ups. I have the blowers in the back of my pick-up truck. No matter what I do, I can't secure my Little Wonder blower. With the three wheels it keeps tipping. Any tried and true methods for keeping it in place? Thanks in advance. Matt

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I dont have a little wonder, at least the kind your talking about, but I do have I-bolts attached to my tool box that have come in real handy for securing other unweildy items such as spreaders, aerators etc. The I-bolts are on either side of my tool box. I just push whatever I want to secure against the toolbox and thread a ratchet strap through the bolts and around whatever it is that Im trying to tie down. Works great for me.

3. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

when you load the machine, have the wheels go from left to right, as opposed from front to back of the truck. then use a small 1" ratchet strap and use the hooks in your bed or the stake pockets and again use 2 points to hold it in place.

4. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

same problem here we hog tie it to rail of trailor, seems to have a mind of its own.

5. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

Park your ZTR up against it and jam it into the frame of the trailer......It won't go anywhere:D :D (don't forget to set the parking brake);)

6. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got ours in an enclosed trailer ... it sits under the shelves at the front of the trailer, with the front wheel being strapped down by a ratcheting tie-down.

7. mmacsek

I'll try the 2 ratchet straps in the truck. When I'm mowing I have the blower secured on the trailer. The problem is when I'm doing leaves and I only have the blowers. I just use my pickup. It seems kinda silly to haul one walkbehind blower on a 14' trailer. I have the backpack and other stuff in the bed. Thanks for the responses. Matt

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Here junglejims

boot1.jpg

9. mmacsek

The jungle jims work great for the trailer but do you mount them in the bed of your truck? Thanks Matt

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You can!
    John