1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Securing Mowers in Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ky.Smoke, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Ky.Smoke

Ky.Smoke LawnSite Member

This is probably not the right place to post this but I need some input I this forum seems to get more hits than the trailer forumI am going today to pick-up my new trailer. 7x16 Haulmark Enclosed, tandem axles side door , ramp door etc.What is the best way to secure my mowers inside while traveling ?
    60" ZTR
    52" WB
  2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Your trailer sounds exactly like the one we bought from Haulmark and we use the flush mounted D-rings in the floor to secure the mowers. I'm not sure where you are getting your trailer from but I bought ours at the Haulmark factory and they had the D-rings available right there.

I think they were about $6 a piece and I installed 8 of them throughout the trailer, when there not in use they lay slightly lower than the trailer floor so your not tripping over them. Then to secure the mowers you just need tie-downs from the mowers to the D-rings.
  3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I put a 2x6 kick board across the front of the trailer (the curved part) then pushed the mowers up against it then put down 1-1/2" angle iron like a wedge behind the wheels and screwed it to the floor. The angle iron is low enough to push the mowers over and not trip on but high enough to keep the mowers in place. I have a table I built that is secured to the floor and tight to the walls that the mowers go under and I sit the Back pacs and reel mower catchers, spreader and edger on it too. I will try and take a picture later and post it.
  4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

The flush mounted d-ring are similar to the ones in this pic #"D" & "E","F".

5. Bulldog26

Bulldog26 LawnSite Member

Get the Prolocks, fast and safe.
  6. Ky.Smoke

Ky.Smoke LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input. I looked at some track type stuff on-line that i could flush mount then hook into but I am not sure yet. I don't want the prolockers because I use the trailer for other things and I dont want to trip over them. I will post pic's soon thanks again.
  7. Rayray

Rayray LawnSite Member

The Prolockers are removable I believe, I havnt bought any yet but I think that u pull a pin and slide them out.....check them out...
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Most mowers have brakes and for the ones that don't a simple bag of sand works. All the straps and stuff takes a lot of time and stuff get tangled, when you are loaded/unloading 30 times a day.
  9. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

That's right, pull a spring loaded pin and slide em out!
    Really built heavy.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We use d rings and faststraps from green touch.