Securing Sprayer To Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GravelyGuy, Feb 5, 2008.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

How do you guys secure your 200 gal+ sprayers to your trucks. Do you have any good ways that don't involve drilling holes in the bed?

Also, does anyone make hitch mounted spreader holders? I know you can get those platform type things that go in your hitch, you see them on minivans all the time. Anything for spreaders?

Thanks...

2. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I meant to put this in the fert/pest section of the board, mods feel free to move.

3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I just bolt it to the bed, this also grounds the sprayer to the truck. It leaves a few small holes, but any truck you you aren't willing to drill a few holes in the bed of, probably shouldn't be a work truck.:laugh::laugh:

4. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I just hate the idea of drilling and leaving the perfect spots for rust to start. God I hate rust.

5. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

We installed heavy rings on the top side of the bed (4 of them) bolted in. We then ran HEAVY DUTY (I think they are 3 inches wide) ratchet straps over the tank in 2 places. A 3rd was sued to keep the tank forward in the bed. Been like that several years with no problems at all.