securing the pg

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by silverscapes, Mar 17, 2008.

1. silverscapes

silverscapes LawnSite Member
    from de

how are you tieing down your pg very new to my pg still getting used to it but one thing it lacks is a tie down hook or loop..... :usflag:

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talking about securing on a trailer? Or on a hitch caddy?

I use a hitch caddy for my Permagreen Ultra. It is mostly secured by the ramps which hold the wheels from behind. But I also have a chain which goes over the standing platform, and loops through a strong steel beam. A good set of securing rings would be a good idea. Prevent potential theft also. Is any listening in Valpraiso?

3. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I put mine on a trailer, I drilled a couple of eye bolts in the frame, so I can attach ratchet straps...works quite well...be prepared, that stainless is hard drill'n

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

On the magnum I found there's just enough room between the tank and hopper to hook a tie down to each side, no drilling or hooks required. From there I hook to the top rail of the trailer. Now, if you want to hook lower than the height of the top rail you will need to find a new home for the straps, because the fuel tank would be in the way on one side and a plastic cowling in the way on the other side.

I also use a couple 2x4's screwed to the trailer deck to hold it from rolling.

Another good tie down to use may be the Fastrap, from Jungle Jims. It would go on both drive tires, though with that you might want to secure the foot platform too, just in case of a hard stop causing the machine to go over nose first...

[​IMG]