1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

securing walk behind mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Feb 5, 2006.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

to those that use straps, what part of the mower do you run the strap across over through under what ever? Usually i pull it tight against the front of the trailer and a strap around the back pulling it foward against the trailer. I am trying to decide if this is the best way or not, so i thought i would get some ideas from you all..

later!! chris

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try the green touch straps like 25 bucks a set.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I put the front of the mower against the front of the trailer and strap it around the caster support arms, then put the brakes on the mower. One strap only. ill try to find a pic.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

theres a pic of it on the trailer

Attached Files:

5. stangman

stangman LawnSite Member

I just push it to the front and run a strap around the arms as well. My main reasoning is to keep it from bouncing up and down on me.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would suggest to just go out and buy some prolockers. You will probably go through at least two straps a year, at least that is what happened to me. They would either break or be covered in grease from the front yokes. The prolockers will last longer than the straps and less hassle I feel

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I bought 2 prolockers during the sale. Haven't used them yet, but I am anxious to give them a try.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

You will not be disappointed Tom. Heck, if you need any help installing them I would be more than happy to come down and help.

9. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i have snapped several straps this past year .

10. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought two during the sale also.
    Tried 4x4's, straps, and everything cheap. :nono: Was never satisfied with the security.