1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Securing WB Blowers on Trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by proenterprises, Sep 23, 2005.

1. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I purchased an Little Wonder today, and wondered how everyone secured their walkbehind blowers on their trailer to keep them from rolling about?
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Pro. I just use 3 thumb release tie-downs, the more canvas kind not the shiny smoother kind.
  3. proenterprises

Anyone else have any input?
  4. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Put it against the side, assuming an open trailer. and bungee it. They always, always seem to find a way to flip no matter how you stuff them in.
  5. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Strap it against the trailer gate. Works for me
  6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have a 13HP Billy goat and we put 2x4 on each side of the wheels screwed to the trailer boards. This keeps it from going front to rear. We take some of this kevlar ribbon rope(used to tie new trees to stakes) and use it to tie one side of the handle to the trailer side rail.
  7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Its not rocket science.... ;) ;)
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I use a tie-down strap but they ALWAYS flip so make sure there is little to no fuel in the tank.
    There is this thing they sell and I'll give you the link but I haven't bought it because I'm not sure I want THIS sticking out of my trailer's floorboard, anyway:
    (yes it's made by billygoat so it MAY only work with bg prods, dunno...)

My only OTHER problem is WTF to do with the goat when I'm hauling the leaves, it's too heavy to even TRY to lift into the back of the truck... I usually stick it in the front of the trailer then when I get home I leave it home for the next load but it bugs me that it takes up load-space as the customer is paying per cu.foot, so to speak.
    p.s.: Not to start any jokes but imagine the LOOK on a customer's face when I talk about using the 'goat' to clean up their leaves LOL!
  9. proenterprises

True, but it always helps to have input from others.

The main reason I asked is that my trailer is small, and do not feel comfortable using the gate as a means of suppors. I may place a few 2x4's and see how it goes.

Any other methods appreciated...Thanks to all.
  10. surfisher211

surfisher211 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey