Securing Z spray

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by robertsturf, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

You have a ten thousand dollar machine you can't spend 200 on to secure? Plus I can tell you from experience. These straps would cost you 1 hour per day if you did thirty lawns a day.

Pro Lockers are so awesome I looked into purchasing the company in distress.

2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Great point, just got to watch spending. Paid 8k for my Intermediate.

3. Cadzilla

I get it. Just get the unit, the medium or whatever it is and make the adjustment in the front support as beens described and you'll love it and it will last for a long time.

Then you can come on here and tell newbs how they should get one too and I can friggin chill.

:walking:

4. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

For those with power/pro lockers could you post a pic of your machine loaded?

I got one in the other day although not sure the model(got the one that fits 16-20" wheels). Ordered it from another site after someone showed the power locker. It's actually a power locker on the box and paper work. I noticed that the power locker site mentions lt rich in their model descriptions.

I did a test fit without anchoring the locker. I'm worried that the front wheel "forks" will hit and rub the power locker sides. It appears mine is t wide enough to go on the outside of both forks. Did you just pull your locker apart more? Did I get one too small?

I'm wondering it I need to order another one or make the current one work.

5. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the problem with mine too narrow. Thinking about having one of them widened from the welder that built my dovetail. They were cheap enough to do so from SLE.

6. Cadzilla

You guys are missing something or not looking at this right. They had three sizes . A small one that was useless, a medium for caster wheels and a large one for atv type tires.

Get the medium, bend the front support arm forward and mount the damned thing.

Good grief.

7. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I got the 350 size I think.

When I drive the front wheel in it ends up that one side of the locker is outside the forks and the other is between the fork and wheel.

All I'm asking is the rubbing against the forks going to be a problem? If you load/unload 20 times a day over time something will give.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Cadzilla

I don't know.....why don't you post a pic? You keep asking for everyone elses.

I still think you guys are doing something wrong or seeing a problem that doesn't exist.

They sell a ton of these things.

9. master gardener

master gardener LawnSite Member
    from Mich

Not sure if anyone sent you any pictures of the power lock. Sad to say I just got the machine out today. Might start next week. Hope this helps. It worked great for me last year. Great time.

power lock 4.jpg

power lock 3.jpg

10. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

That's not all of the Power Locker. What about the tire support on the front of the unit?
    I modded mine with a cutting wheel and welder will post if i have time today.