Securing ZTR on Trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky03, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

My trailer does not have a fold down ramp in the back. It is open, It does have sides that I built, but nothing in the back. How can I secure my 34Z on my trailer while transporting. It has the parking brake. Do you think this alone is safe enough? If not, what do you think about ratcheting straps? I think these may be to much trouble.

Thanks...

2. Huften Lawn Care

Huften Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from CT

Greentouch.com. Product is called faststrap. Definitely do not rely soley on the parking brake.

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Ratchet straps is how I secure my equipment, and never has it been too much trouble. It takes me, maybe two minutes more to do this. In most states, it's the law that you have any equipment in an open trailer secured. If, god forbid, you were in an accident, your mower could go flying out of your trailer and cause god knows how much damage to your mower or to someone else. Take the extra time, and do it the right way.

4. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Using ratcheting straps is better than using nothing. Just think if that 34Z went off your trailer and caused a serious accident, could turn into a nightmare for you. Protect your assets.

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

6. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I have a question on the pro lockers. Do you have to have a wide enough trailer you can ofset the pro locker to one side if you put 2 mowers on the trailer. Otherwise they would be in the way trying to load and unload the mower up front.

7. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, $150 for that Prolocker. It looks very nice but expensive. I do not know if there is anywhere to buy the Green Touch Fastrap in my area. It looks like it would be more of a pain compared to the Prolocker. Does TrimmerTrap make anything like these?

8. Huften Lawn Care

from CT

http.//www.faststrap.us/
    You can order direct.

9. Huften Lawn Care

from CT

h
    OK, thats better.

10. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I just screw a 2x6 across the trailer bottom and have never had my Z back past it. Cost about 5 bucks. Use treated lumber.