1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Security for your equipment!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by alpine692003, Dec 18, 2003.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I didnt know where this topic belonged and I've been wondering and wanting to know some of your answers.

As move topics i've been going through, seems most of you guys leave all your tools in your truck?

How do you guys store/lock all your equipment?

a) Do you just unload all your equipment to your garage, your house storage area?
    --- I dont think most of you guys do because it's so time consuming right?

What other features or ways do you guys protect your tools/equipment?
  2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Sometimes I just back the trailer onto the garage....other time I unload everything into the garage...

3. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

I was storing everything in my attached garage. It was a real PITA 'cause I had to load and unload everyday. I just bought a 6 x12 enclosed trailer that I am looking forward to for next year. It'll probably save me 1/2 hour a day.
  4. YardMeister

YardMeister LawnSite Member

Unload / Load daily. Takes about 20 minutes. I sharpen blades, change oil, ect... on weekends. I carry spare sets of blades with me and change them often.

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

We run all enclosed trrailers. On each trailer and loader, we have a remote controlled model T coil that, when you touch the metal around the piece, you complete the circut. Very high voltage, low amperage, just like touching a plug wire and turning an engine over.

Works like a charm.