Security on properties

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jcthorne, Jul 12, 2008.

1. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

I saw something you just don't see everyday this morning.

We have a distribution center that backs up to a large companies old world headquarters. Their property is totally vacant and is patrolled by 3 guard dogs on the weekend.

Well a tree had fallen over from the strom and was hanging on the fence that borders the two properties. My guys were going to go over and clean up the debris on the other side of the fence because the distibution center actually owned a small strip on the other side of the fence.

Well needless to say, the distribution center's maintenance director opened the gate and drove into the property to find security to put up the dogs.
    When he got inside the gate in their security car a pit bull came charging across the property at the car. In one bite the pit bull flattened the tire as it was moving and left it sitting on the rim. The guy couldn't get out of the car and had to drive back to their gate on nothing but rim. We couldn't even open the gate to let him back out without the dogs trying to attack. When I left he was still sitting in the car on the phone. I told him we would be back when the dogs were contained.

2. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Holy shoelaces! That sounds like a scary situation.

3. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Holy smokes!!!

If Monica Lewinsky had a bite like that, we would have never heard about what got on her dress.

:cool2: