Sedgehammer in Magnum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by scweedman, Aug 14, 2007.

1. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used Sedgehammer in their magnum. I think if you mix it before you
    put it in the tank it would work. The problem is it would take a whole bottle
    for 10 gals. payup

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I haven't sprayed sedge-hammer out of my magnum but I don't see why you couldn't. if you had a lawn with large areas of nut-sedge I think it would be the way to go, just mix up only as much as you will use!

3. profigala

profigala LawnSite Member

done it many times with great success. Just make sure you are calibrated properly and you will have no problems, fyi, i did not pre mix before putting in tank. Also if you mix with surge at lowest rate you will greatly reduce the percentage of second applications, in fact i have never had to go back and do a second spraying when i used this mix.

4. scweedman

Profigala

Does a hold bottle for 10 gals sound right

5. profigala

profigala LawnSite Member

we have 3 machines, the oldest covers 30 thousand suare feet and the other 2 new ones cover 34 thousand square feet on 12 gallons. So it all depends on your machine. Just make sure you know what you are putting out per thousand, otherwise you will do some damage. I learned that the hard way when i first started and just went by the calibration grid that comes with the machine, we dont even use it any more (the spray grid).

6. DSTC

DSTC LawnSite Member

This also greatly depends on the tips you are using. I normally use Blue or White Tee-jet tips. Blue on one magnum covers about 42k sq ft, and blue on the other magnum covers about 35k. One of my magnums is faster than the other one also, but I would have to agree on calibrating it yourself using traditional calibration tests.

FYI I spray Sedgehammer out of my magnum with great results.

7. scweedman

Thanks! i will let u know how it goes