see what I have to compete with

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JML, Sep 21, 2003.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Is compete really the way you see it? I think their worst competition is themselves.

They look like they are protecting their 'hood. lol

3. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats sad... I give alot of respect to the teenagers who work hard to succeed in this business.. But running around wearing baggy shorts and skater shoes just doesn't fit the professional description.. The only pictures on their website are of themselves.. Who wants to see the workers??? Show off your equipment and your work.. Nobody wants to see your t-shirt design on your website :dizzy:

4. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

JML,

Do they have trucks or do their parents drive them between jobs?? Or better yet, do they walk with their Crapsman push mower between jobs?:rolleyes:

5. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I see three young entreprenuers who have started a business, with advertising, a plan, etc.

They are even in uniform...company shirts and matching color slacks.

They aren't stealing or selling drugs or sitting around playing nintendo.

KB

6. PPLMike

PPLMike LawnSite Member

I like how you include "nintendo" in with your list of selling drugs and stealing.

7. Lawnalternatives

Lawnalternatives LawnSite Member

At some point, that's how we all started. I don't feel that they are my competition. They have no money other than there allowances. Just some kids with no idea what this whole thing is really all about.

8. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Personaly

I think it's great!!

Cute website, catchy theme to their business. And the pictures of themselves is what makes the website that much more appealing.

I'll bet one of the 3 takes the business for the long haul

9. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

They are not your competition, at least I hope not. They are probably going to be knocking door to door and hoping to get an occasional mow from the elderly women who refuses to pay $30 to have her lawn mowed which her husband used to do but can't anymore. They are the same as a minimum wage earner in any other business as they are needed to do the stuff that no one else will do. What they are setting out to do is very honorable and probably beats any other alternatives that they may have. Just because they don't have parents backing them for $thousands for commercial equip dosen't make them bad. The website is probably a dead end street for them but at least this shows they're in it for more than most w/ a push mower and a 10th grade education, not to offend anyone here if so, it's just where they are now in their lives.

10. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

To be fair you would have to compare them to your self when you started, not how you are now. How DO they compare to you when you started? Just curious. :)