See what I have to deal with

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Davis Lawn Mowing LLC, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what you mean. There is a simlar company in my area, its like they will do anything for money. They are very unprofessional in my opinion. Anyways, just think, jack of all, master of none.

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

After seeing this, an old phrase comes to mind......jack of all trades, master of none.

4. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Did any of you guys think that they paint in the winter to stay busy? or maybe they have some down time during the week to do extra stuff like that.

the errand deal is stupid IMO but there is nothing wrong with painting houses or doing extra stuff for customers.

Isnt the goal to make money?

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I did pressure washing and exterior painting and even fence building in the winter time/off season in Florida...it helps keep my employees at a full pay check through the slow times and still a little bit of pocket money for the business...

6. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking the eraand thing is during the winter season... Like maybe for old people who cant get out or something.. He has been around for 5 years so he must not be half bad.....

7. ztoro

do you and your employees move to florida for the winter?

8. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

So what is wrong with the things he does? I was always being asked by customers who I could refer to them for snow removal, painting, odd jobs, etc. I always told them I could do that. They weren't aware because I didn't advertise it. I look at it like this.....who wants to do one thing "over and over"? Honestly, if I only mowed 5-6 days a week, I'd have no sense of accomplishment. Sure the yard looks good and all, but I'll be here again next week to do the same thing. Plus the grass doesn't grow 12 months a year here in Pa so you have to be versatile. The other work that I do makes a good blend for the week. And I like to think of myself of jack of all trades, master of a few.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

exactly! Couldn't agree with you more

10. ztoro

I assume you have worked with this guy and attest to the fact that he is a "Master of None"